Teen Legal Helpline (“TLH”) would like to tell you about how we protect your privacy when you share personal information on our website. You can be sure that anything you share with TLH remains private within the TLH team and the lawyers TLH works with.
When you submit a question, you are agreeing to let us collect, use and share your personal information for the purposes described below. Please read this statement carefully to make sure you understand what you are agreeing to. If you are not sure, you can always come back later when you are.
What is personal information?
Personal information can be any of the following:
- Your email, phone number, age, gender;
- Any detailed information about your situation (such as your citizenship status or relevant details regarding a current or previous criminal charge); and
- Any other information you choose to share with us.
Who do we collect information from?
- We collect information from anyone who submits their information on our website.
What do we use your personal information for?
- We use this information to help match you with one of our lawyers and to notify you once a lawyer answers your question.
- The lawyer will use this information to answer your questions and give you legal advice.
Will anyone else have access to my personal information?
- Only the TLH team will have access to your file and your personal information.
- The lawyer we assign you will have access to all your information, except for your email or phone number.